- 1. How do I order?
- 2. Is Proteus compatible with all GPS receivers?More
Proteus is compatible with any GPS receiver (RS232) that transmits data according to the NMEA 0183 Standard. We have no particular recommendation, but our customers use GPS from Garmin.
- 3. Does Proteus come with a GPS modem?More
GPS modem is external and hence optional.
- 4. Can you do a custom modification?More
Yes, we do custom modifications.
- 5. How many different fonts can Proteus provide?More
Proteus provides 16 different fonts. Each font is user downloadable and users can download any Windows font with the desired size, style, effect.
- 6. Does Proteus provide multilingual support?More
Yes. Proteus supports extended characters 128-255.
- 7. Does Proteus support more than one video input at a given time?More
Although Proteus has multiple video inputs, it can only process one video input at a given time.
- 8. What does Proteus do when more than one video is inputted?More
Proteus gives implicit priority to the video inputs as shown below:
- 9. Does Proteus support more than one video output at a given time?More
Yes, Proteus outputs video on all its outputs simultaneously.
- 10. What is the Voltage input range?More
- 11. Does Proteus support a keyboard?More
Yes. Proteus comes with a user provided PS2 keyboard.
- 12. Does Proteus support video annotation/titling?More
- 13. What is the delay between video input to video output?More
240 ns or 0.000000240 seconds.
- 14. What is the drawing speed?More
Proteus draws a pixel in 13.46nsec. Therefore, to print 100 x 100 rectangular area will take 10,000 * 13.64nsec = 134.6 microsecond.
- 15. What is the UART communication speed?More
Baud rate is programmable for all 4 serial ports and can support 4800, 9600,19200,38400,57600,115200. USB port appears as a COM port to a PC and operates at 921,600 baud.
- 16. Does Proteus record data on a micro-SD?More
Proteus does not currently save text-based data such as GPS coordinates, time, date, target position, camera information, etc on a micro-SD but contact us for external recording recommendations.
- 17. Does Proteus provide geo-referencing?More
Yes. Assuming your camera has an IMU i.e. Vectornav and it is accurately calibrated, Proteus can provide accurate GPS coordinate for the target.
- 18. Does Proteus scale video i.e. 525i to 1080i?More
No. Video output resolution is identical to video input resolution.
- 19. Does Proteus take computer generate video i.e. DVI or VGA?More
No. Proteus can only accept camera type outputs i.e. HD-SDI, HDMI, Components, Y/C, Composite.
- 20. Can we send messages over Ethernet (TCP/IP)?More
Yes, you will need a RS232 or RS485 serial to Ethernet converter. Contact us for recommendations.